Recover DCIM Folder from SD Card
- DCIM folder containing images, videos, and other media files from SD cards can be restored with the software
- SD card used on digital cameras, mobile phones, camcorrs, andd other gadgets are supported by the software
- Recovers DCIM folder from formatted, and corrupted SD card
- Evaluate the software by downloading the trial version that recovers and allows free previewing the recovered files before purchasing the tool
Now a day’s smart phones and digital cameras are unavoidable gadgets in the world of electronics. These are a common gadgets used by people today. We all are familiar with DCIM folder and we know that digital images are stored in this folder. Ever have we thought that why these images are not stored in a folder called photos? It is the digital directory to store digital images. When we insert a memory card into a camera, it searches for the DCIM folder and if it is absent, the device will create one by itself.
It can be told that all the images captured by digital devices are stored in DCIM folder in memory card. As memory card is always prone to errors and data loss, we cannot ensure that all the images in DCIM folder is secure.
Reasons for loss of DCIM folder
- The main threat to DCIM folder is the virus attack on the memory card. SD card in smart phones or digital camera can be easily infected by virus usually when it is connected to a virus infected computer or by to accepting a virus infected data from other devices.
- Abrupt removal of SD card from camera or mobile phones while DCIM folder is being processed, results in loss of valuable photos. Sudden removal of these devices from computer during data transfer can also be a reason for loss of DCIM folder
- All the files and folders including image files in DCIM folder can be lost due to accidental formatting of SD card.
- Images present in DCIM folder can be lost due to accidental deletion of images from application like gallery.
Loss of data from DCIM folder can occur due to many more reasons and are unpredictable. It is always better to keep the back up of folders in memory card in order to face data loss. If we don’t have a back up, we have to depend on most suitable DCIM recovery software’s. Folder Recovery is very familiar application which can recover DCIM folder from SD card which is lost due to various scenarios mentioned above.
Main Features of the Recovery Application
- The application is very fast that it can recover lost images from DCIM folder within few seconds.
- This utility can easily recover deleted images from various digital storage devices with extreme ease.
- It recovers images of all formats like JPEG, TIFF, GIF, BMP etc and digital raw photo files.
- The tool recover DCIM folder from SD card and can sort the recovered data on the basis date, size and file name.
- Folder Recovery application allow user to preview the recovered files from SD card prior to restoration of the same
- Perfect tool for getting back all the missing image folders from various memory cards like SDHC, SDXC XD, MMC etc.
Guidelines to recover DCIM folder from SD card:
Step1: First connect your SD card to a system where the folder recovery software is installed. Select “Recover Files” option from the welcome page of the software as shown in Fig 1.
Fig 1: Welcome Page
Step2: From this Window, choose SD card from which you want to recover folders and then click on next arrow button as shown in Fig 2.
Fig 2: Select Memory Card
Step3: Once the folder recovery process is done, then you can use “Data View” or “File Type View” option to view all recovered files or folders as shown in Fig 3.
Fig 3: Recovered Files/Folders