Recover My Videos Folder
- Scans and recovers all formats of video files including MP4, MOV, AVI, M4V, MKV, etc. from the hard drive, memory card, pen drive, flash drive, etc.
- Along with th video files, it also recovers images, audio files, documents, and other files with ease
- Use the trial version before you purchase and preview the recovered files in either File Type View or Data View
“My laptop's touch pad is very annoying, so when I attempted to double click “My Videos” folder, I accidentally dragged it into my music folder. When I opened “My Music” folder, I found that it was only a shortcut, so I deleted that. Apparently, I deleted the actual thing too. I lost over 100GB of movies and shows. Can anyone please tell me any way to restore My Videos folder?”
My Videos folder comes pre-installed in your Windows system and is present for each user. It resides in your User profile along with My Documents, My Audio and My Pictures folders. Segregating data in this format ensure fast and easy access; but whatever you do to ensure safety of your favorite and important videos, there are many situations where you might lose them.
Let us see some of the common reasons for deletion or loss of videos from the My Videos folder –
- Deletion – Accidental or intentional deletion of a file or folder is the most common reason for losing important data. My Videos folder might contain some of your most favorite videos that you may lose due to a slight distraction while removing unwanted files.
- Formatting – Formatting, whether done intentionally or accidentally, results in a huge data loss. The best option is to take regular backup of all the important video files. Otherwise, to restore My Videos folder, you will need a recovery tool. To recover folders lost or deleted after formatting, read this page.
- Accidentally removing user account – Suppose you accidentally remove your user account while managing user accounts on your system. As My Videos folder is present separately for each user, therefore you will lose that folder along with all the files saved on your particular user account.
- Anti-virus scanning – If your system is affected by some serious virus infection and you run a virus scanning using some anti-virus tool, then there is a possibility that the anti-virus software might treat your My Videos folder as a virus and removes it.
To recover My Videos folder deleted or lost under any of the above mentioned scenarios, make use of Folder Recovery software. This software will help the user to get back My Videos folder from any version of Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8. The tool is even compatible in recovering deleted folders on Windows 2008 & Server 2003. The software has a wizard style interface that is very easy to operate by even a normal home user. To restore My Videos folder the user will not require any kind of technical guidance or knowledge; just download the demo version for free from the links provided here and follow the on-screen instructions.
The software supports all the video file formats therefore you need not to worry about your favorite video. Still if you are unable to restore a particular video format using this tool, then also you need not to worry. The software provides “Add/Edit Signature” option using which the user can add the desired video files format to the list and then start the recovery process again. Apart from videos, a user can aslo retrieve deleted files like pictures. For more info visit http://www.folderrecovery.net/deleted-pictures.html. The software even provides an option to save the current recovery session so that the user does not have to restart the whole recovery process. This advanced tool can also be used to recover folder from shared drive in few mouse clicks. To get back My Videos folder effectively, download the demo version of the tool and try it for recovery. If you are satisfied with the recovery results then buy the full version to save the recovered videos.
Steps to recover My Videos folder –
Step 1: From the main screen select “Recover Photos” option. Choose either “Recover Deleted Photos” & “Recover Lost Photos” option.
Step 2: To get back My Videos folder, select the drive containing it (usually C: drive) and proceed.
Step 3: Wait until the tool scans the selected drive. After that a list of recovered videos will be displayed. Preview the files and save them after buying the full version.