Recover Files Lost after System Restore
- Recovers the files lost after System Restore on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2003, & 2008
- It also supports data recovery after Windows OS reinstallation, installation of a new OS, drive format, and so on.
- Allows you to free preview of the recovered files in the trial version prior to purchasing the tool
- Retrieves all types of files including images, videos, documents, audio, etc.
“Hi there, I performed a system restore operation on my Windows 7 computer as I was frustrated due to its degraded speed and performance. But before carrying out this operation, I forgot to take an updated backup of my essential files. So, as a result of this, I lost some of my stored files from my Windows computer after system restore. So, can anyone guide me on how to recover files lost after system restore? Thanks in advance…”
It is common amongst system users failing to maintain an updated backup of valuable files before proceeding with system restore operation. Well, it is still possible to regain erased data even if you do not possess the right backup. In order to get back files after system restore, you need to make use of a software named Folder Recovery. Before restoring the data lost upon system restore, let's see some instances of file loss during system on your system.
Scenarios for file loss after system restore
- If your system gets abruptly shut down, whilst system restore operation is in progress then there are possibilities that some required system files may go missing from your computer.
- Sometimes, while performing system restores task, you may select your system drives to be formatted which results in loss of files from the computer.
- Without proper knowledge, if you restore your system then there are chances that you may skip a few steps due to which you might lose some of your files after system restore.
You may also lose files from your computer because of virus attack, improper handling, internal hard drive fault, file system corruption, hard drive crash, software malfunction, etc. Nonetheless, you can easily overcome data loss due to any of these causes by making use of Folder Recovery application.
Highlighted features of the Folder Recovery software
Folder Recovery is an award-winning utility, which has been a highly-rated and suggested by the industry experts to retrieve lost files after the system restore. This application has the potential to perform file and folder recovery from a formatted, reformatted, corrupted, or inaccessible hard drive. This application provides an easy, fast and secure recovery process to restore lost or deleted files and folders. It has a wizard-like interface that enables you to recover files lost after system restores within a few clicks of the mouse.
This software employs powerful scanning programs that efficiently retrieves lost files after system restore. One can also recover deleted folder from the C drive and other disk partition data in no time. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. Other than system internal HDD, it can even restore files from external HDD, iPods, USB drive, memory stick, iPods, etc.
Steps to recover files lost after system restore:
Step 1: Download and install the Folder Recovery software on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the Recover Files option on the main screen. Then browse the computer drive from the list of available drives.
Step 3: Press on the Scan button to begin the data recovery process.
Figure 1: Recover Partitions/Drives
Step 4: The software starts to extract the deleted/missing files.
Figure 2: Scanning for Folders
Step 5: The scanned results appear in File Type View and Data View.
Figure 3: Recovered Folders
Step 6: Right-click on the file item to preview. Then select the files that you would like to save.
Figure 4: Preview Window
Step 7: Set a destination location to save the files restored from the system drive and click on the Save button.
Figure 5: Save Recovered Folders