Restoring Documents Folder in Vista
- Supports recovery of My Documents folder that is lost or deleted after accidental deletion, shift + delete, formatting the drive, etc.
- Recovers all types of files including documents, videos, pictures, audio files, HTML files, etc.
- You can preview the recovered files and folders in demo version itself prior activating the software
- Compatible to run on Windows Vista, XP, 10, 8.x, 7, and Windows Server 2008, 2003
Consider a scenario -Hi, today I was moving my Windows profile folder (C:/Users/Username) to my (E:) drive on my Windows Vista system. However, during the process, I seemed to accidentally delete my "Documents" folder within my profile folder. It doesn't appear to be in the Recycle Bin too. I've tried a few files restore utilities and downloaded from the internet, but nothing seemed to work. I really need to restore the folder on an urgent basis. Is there any way to recover my Documents folder Vista OS, easily?
Yes, of course, it is possible to recover the Document folder on Windows Vista. A reliable application like the Folder Recovery Software can help you in bringing back files deleted from the Documents folder in a Vista system. The program is built with highly-integrated algorithms that scan and fetches the deleted Documents with all the file contents in the original format.
Location of the Documents folder on Windows
My Documents (Win XP & previous versions) or Documents (Windows Vista & above versions) is a place which is used to save user-created documents. Most of the programs and applications especially Microsoft products will automatically prompt Documents as the default folder to save files, images, videos, songs, documents and etc. The default location of the Documents folder in Windows Vista is C:\Users\user name\Documents.
But as stated in the above scenario, the files saved on the Documents folder might get deleted or lost, like other locations in Windows Vista OS. However, there is no need to worry at all, because the files contained in that folder are not gone forever. By using a good quality recovery tool like the Folder Recovery Software, you can easily recover Document folder Vista. You can recover deleted or lost folders from hard drive, memory card or any other storage media. To know everything that you need to recover folder from an SD card, click here - http://www.folderrecovery.net/from-sd-card.html.
What makes folder recovery possible?
The fact behind restoring the Documents folder in Vista is that when you delete the Documents folder, the pointer to that file is removed. This is why the user is unable to see the folder and its contents. But actually, the file remains in the same storage location until it gets overwritten by some new file. Therefore, it is highly-recommended that as soon as you encounter data loss do not perform any write operations on the disk; do not save new files. This will keep the deleted or lost folder in a recoverable state.
Reasons for deletion or loss of the Windows Document folder
- Accidental or intentional deletion- The Documents folder on your Windows Vista system might get accidentally or intentionally deleted. While removing some unwanted files, the user might erase the Documents folder which contained many important files. Sometimes the user might also remove the Documents folder intentionally just to make space for new files or with an assuption that they have taken a backup but later realize that the files aren't in place.
- File System corruption- The file system of a PC is responsible for the proper working of all the files and folders saved on it. If this gets corrupted then you might lose access to all your important data. The reasons for corruption can be sudden system shutdown, virus infection or improper usage of the system.
- Malware Infection Malware or viruses enter your system through the internet. Whenever a malicious site is accessed or some infected data is downloaded then there is a chance of intrusion of the virus. To avoid this, good quality antivirus tool with internet security should be utilized. As the C: drive is most vulnerable to viruses, therefore; the Documents folder might get corrupted or deleted very easily.
To recover my Documents folder on Vista under any of the above-mentioned deletion or loss scenarios, the Folder Recovery tool will prove to be very useful. With this software restoring Documents folder in Vista OS sounds very easy yet effortless. This tool can be used to restore My Videos folder too. The tool has an inbuilt scanning engine which is very powerful and recovers Document folder Vista within just a few minutes.
Simple steps to recover My Documents folder on Windows Vista
Step 1: Download and execute the program on your system.
Step 2: On the home screen, select the Recover Files option.
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step 3: Then choose either Recover Deleted Files or Recover Lost Files option.
Figure 2: Selection mode
Step 4: Now browse the location of your Documents folder (generally it is the C: drive).
Figure 3: Select Drive
Step 5: After running the scan on the selected drive, a list of recovered data is displayed.
Figure 4: Recovered Data
Step 6: Preview and save the recovered files.
Figure 5: Preview Recovered Data
Note: The Save option is disabled in the demo version. To make use of it, you have to buy the full version.